Congratulations to Alberta’s ACM-ICPC teams for their great results in the 2016 Rocky Mountain Regional Contest held in Calgary on October 29! The Alberta Gold team from University of Alberta placed first and qualified for the ACM-ICPC World Finals in May 2017 – Good luck!! Check out all results here.
Congratulations to Alberta’s iGEM teams for their great performance in the 2016 iGEM Giant Jamboree held in Boston on October 27 – 31! All six teams won medals, and some were also recognized with special awards.
Here is a complete list of the results:
- IngenuityLab Edmonton – dNANO – A new generation nanoscaffold – Silver medal
- Lethbridge Collegiate – Nanoresponder – Call to action! – Gold medal
- Lethbridge High School – Coagu.coli – Bronze medal
- OLS Canmore – BreaKERS – Breaking down hair and feather waste into useful products – Silver medal and 5 nominations for special awards
- UofC Calgary – The Subtilis Defence – Gold medal and 2 nominations for special awards; Won Best Integrated Human Practices
- UrbanTundra Edmonton – Sustainable Living on Mars: Remediation of Martian Soil to Produce Oxygen through Genetic Engineering – Bronze medal and 3 nominations for special awards; Won Best Wiki, Best Presentation, and Best Poster